We Carry Quality Brands
Pedal Play Bicycles in Baton Rouge carries several name brand bicycles and accessories. See our list of brands below and click on the links to learn more info on their websites.
- Jamis Bikes Building the perfect bike is an impossible goal, but it's the only one that's worthwhile. In fact , we've been at it most of our lives. CEO and President Carine Joannou has been successfully leading and directing G. Joannou Cycle, our parent company, since taking over from her father in 1981.
What began as a modest regional distributor of imported European bicycles and parts in 1937 has grown into a national powerhouse with international distributors throughout the world. GJC is now one of the oldest, largest bicycle companies under original family ownership in the United States.
Greg Webber, Vice President of Product Development has been with Jamis since the first Earth Cruiser rolled out in 1979 and eagerly joined Carine's winning team when GJC acquired Jamis in 1990. Their commitment, passion and leadership inspires the rest of us bike addicts at Jamis to not settle for "good enough". The whole team aims for nothing short of perfection all day, every day.
- Kona Bikes
BORN IN THE MOUNTAINS
Mountain Biking is an integral part of the Kona DNA. We're dedicated to creating the finest off-road bikes on the planet, leading the way with innovation and performance. It started with being the first mountain bike company to have all sloping top tube designs in 1988. We went on to making the first dedicated Freeride machines in 1998, and most recently creating the Process Enduro range that re-envisions the total ability of a rider and bike to attack and conquer the most challenging terrain—up or down.
BUILT FOR THE ROAD
Even before we made our first road bike in 1990, we loved riding (and racing) all types of skinny-tired machines. It's been a natural progression to add models that celebrate the simple elegance of flying down the road, whether it's paved or not. In 2015, there are 25 Kona bikes that address the specific needs of riders—from riding around the world, to racing the weeknight 25 miler. From the new Esatto Road Endurance range to the Rove Freerange series, you'll find a great bike true to the Kona traditions of performance, reliability and utility.
- KHS Bikes Was founded in 1974 as an American based company distributing the KHS brand of bicycles. Its mission is to design, manufacture and distribute moderately priced and high quality bicycles and accessories. Since that time KHS has grown into a brand respected for quality, value, and integrity with distribution in more than 30 countries around the world.
Cruisers. In addition, KHS Bicycles Inc. markets BMX, freestyle and dirt jumping bicycles to the juvenile and youth markets under the brand name Free Agent, The company’s management team has more than 250 years of combined bicycle manufacturing experience. Over the past 35 years KHS has received and earned many accolades, awards, titles, and championships. Among these many accomplishments are: the first Taiwan-made bicycle to use Reynolds tubing (1979), Sears Partner in Progress Award (1986), Mountain Biking Magazine’s coveted “Bike of the Year Award” (1994), awarded the U.S. patent for the Delta Linear Downtime design, (1998), the world’s first “soft-tail” comfort bicycles and Taiwan’s prestigious Excellent Product award for its softball bicycles (2000).
- Free Agent Bikes About Free Agent
Free Agent BMX, a division of KHS Bicycles Inc. manufactures full lines of both freestyle and race BMX bicycles. With the Street, Park, Trail and Youth series Free Agent has a bike for any rider-beginner to pro. You’ll catch sponsored pro TJ Ellis, Heath Pinter, Brett Walker, Mike Dies and Tyler Rosen throwing’ down. On the race side, Free Agent offers a complete Team line from Micro to Limo, as well as a BMX-Race Series for riders of every level. Free Agent is proud to have assembled the 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 World Championship Team comprised of amateur and professional racers including Olympic Gold Medalist and 2-time and reigning World Champion Maris Strombergs, 3-time World Champion Kyle Bennett, 2-time World Champion Dale Holmes, 10-time Argentinian Champion Cristian Becerine and other riders around the world.
- Fugi Bikes: When Fuji was started in 1899, it was named after Mount Fuji, a Japanese symbol of strength and endurance. So perhaps it's fitting that 111 years later, the brand is still thriving. Sure there might have been a few hiccups along the way, but no matter what's come our way, we've weathered the storm.
The actual mountain may be 12,000 miles away from our current headquarters, but its spirit inspires the way we think and how we operate. Regardless of conditions, we will continue to persevere with strength and dominance. We will not yield and we will always come out on top.
From a cycling perspective, a mountain is typically the most challenging part of any ride. Bit it also offers the greatest opportunity for triumph. At Fuji, we're always on the lookout for our "mountains" those seemingly difficult obstacles and challenges that stand in the way of becoming the best bicycle company in the world. For us, these are opportunities. These are our moments to shine; to come out on top, stronger, wiser, faster and more efficient. It's on the mountains where we thrive.
- For over 25 years, Louis Garneau has been an innovator in the world of cycling. What started in his father's garage has grown into an internationally recognized industry leader that specializes in the design and development of technological and innovative gear. We take great pride in our extensive product line that addresses the needs of all types of cyclists and athletes. We strive to produce products that exceed expectations and set benchmarks for technology and performance in the industry. We transform intuitive ideas into intelligent products. We capture an audience of millions of cyclists worldwide through our products and not only have we built a company from their needs, we offer a cycling solution which includes a one stop shop for all your cycling needs.
Whether you are training for your next triathlon or bike to work, Louis Garneau products will take your ride to a higher level. Experience Garneau.
- Campagnola Backed by more than eighty years of outstanding innovation, quality and sporting successes, Campagnolo is a premium brand, established and renowned all over the world.
Our long history, that has greatly helped the birth and development of modern cycling, is steeped in the innovative spirit that has become an integral part of our company’s DNA. Continual striving for maximum performance and maximum quality combined with innate Italian taste for style and form, make the world of Campagnolo and its products stand out in every aspect.
Client service and care round out our relentless pursuit of excellence, ensuring every client finds in the Campagnolo brand an unrivaled unrivaled ally in his or her passion for cycling.
- Shimano To build closer relationships between people, nature and bicycles.
In response to surging demand for global environmental preservation, bicycles now attract attention as the most eco-friendly means of transport. We at Shimano are dedicated to supply high-quality and high-performance components for different types of bicycles made in various countries and regions of the world., ranging from bicycles for the world’s top racers to daily users.
At Shimano, we pursue the creation of new designs and easy to use functions by keeping one jump ahead of the users. imaginations. And we realize innovative new products excelling both in high precision and in durability by the metal processing technologies we have developed for many years. This, we hope, will encourage more people to use bicycles resulting in the spread of more eco-friendly lifestyles and the promotion of environmental preservation. With this view, Shimano is developing and producing truly “Captivating Products.”
- Incremental enhancements. Perpetual improvements. Revolutionary Innovation. When advancements are continuously made to every attribute of every component, the result is overall performance that is simply second to none. And to real cycling enthusiasts, there is nothing more gratifying then achieving the ultimate ride. And the best part is we just keep making it better.
This is what SRAM is all about. Sure, a casual rider will appreciate solid performance, reliability, dependability and all the standard qualities one would expect. But it's the riders who live and breathe bicycles who love us most because bicycles are what we love, too. In fact, they're our only love.
Narrow minded yet forward thinking.
Bike components are all we do - which is why we do them so mind-bendingly well. SRAM began with the goal of creating the absolute best shifting system and changed the cycling world forever with the introduction of Grip Shift. To support the innovation, we invested in Sachs Bicycle Company and built a state of the art manufacturing facility in Schweinfurt Germany. We had the vision and desire to expand our presence in the industry so we found the best suspension company, RockShox, joined forces with them, creating huge excitement in the global cycling community. Not content to stop there, we knew expanding our line with the best brakes, bottom brackets and cranksets would fine-tune the ride even more. So we teamed up with Avid and Truvativ.
Now that we have achieved total drive train nirvana, we will continue to seek and deploy technological and engineering advancements, as we compulsively refine and redefine the pinnacle of the ultimate ride.
THREE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US
Someone once said that bicycles are a simple solution to some of the world's most complicated problems. Here at Saris we believe that whole heartedly, which is why we are committed to using our resources to enhance cycling on a local, state and national level. Learn more at sariscyclinggroup.com.
Our products have been on the market since 1989 and are built to last. And as we celebrate our 25th year anniversary (See our video here), we've shown that just like our racks we can withstand the test of time.
From our mechanics to our engineers to our president, there's no question that our staff has a passion for cycling. Whether it’s a race or a family bike outing, our Saris racks get us where we need to go — and we wouldn't trust our bikes with any other rack. Watch our video here to learn more about Saris Cycling Group.
TRAINERS & ROLLERS
Whether it's too cold (or too hot!) to ride outside, there's too much traffic or you're simply short on time, indoor cycling can be a great way to achieve your fitness goals.
From our best-selling Fluid² to our entire line of indoor cycles, we've got your indoor training needs covered. But let's face it, there's not much glitz or glamor in picking the perfect trainer. So before you spend your hard-earned money, let's get to know each other a bit better so you find the ideal CycleOps training partner.
- Tifosi Tifosi is the Italian word referring to a super-fan, an enthusiast, and that is exactly who we are and who we make our eyewear for. Our mission is to provide technically advanced eyewear to enthusiasts of all sports and outdoor activities. We design test and torture our product to enhance your sport whether you’re running a 5k, riding your first century or playing 18 holes on Sunday. Tifosi defines us; we are enthusiasts about our product, our sport, and our fun.
- Topeak Philosophy
For many, riding a bike is more than simply rolling on two wheels. Because once the ride starts, it’s impossible to think about anything else. All that exists in life is what’s in front of you right now. Long grinding climbs and sweet descents, empty country roads and clogged urban streets, tailwinds on a sunny day and flat tires in the rain. Life is distilled down to the ride. That’s why we say ride equals life. At Topeak we know this feeling well.
We’re riders and we’re passionate about finding new ways to make each and every ride the best it can be. In the following pages you’ll find innovative new products and time-tested favorites all designed with one thing in mind: making the ride, and life, the best it can be.